Thursday, May 04, 2006

Straight from the Gut !!


“Oh yeah, I hear that again, Juhu what’s it? An address or a name? But she seems to be visiting there often, hmmm must be her favorite place to go to or a friend she visits… OUCH!! What was that? This always happens whenever she thinks of this Juhu. Oh, that man is also with her today… cool… I like him. Quite an adoring character. But why is she moving so much? Guys, will you please… I need to rest. Oops… what a loud noise that is… strange I can hear all this…all the way here. God, this city is difficult. It must be difficult for her too.

Aha, it’s quiet and cooler. Now where is she walking to? Oh god, will she just rest? How much she moves around and walks around and works around. Doesn’t she get tired ever? OK, I hear another familiar voice, 19 weeks, he says. Oh, that’s my age… of course 19 weeks P.B. – Pre Birth – just in case you don’t get it. And my name is BABY. She is laughing, she sounds cheerful. Tiny hands and tiny legs? What, she can see me already? Wow, how? I wanna see her too. I quite like her actually. I like the way she speaks, her voice is marvelous. And him! He is very caring, very loving. I just hate the blaring towards her sleeping time. Too much of noise, they call it TV, I hate it. But they seem to enjoy it. I really like him around. I get more blood and more air when he is around. They laugh a lot and talk a lot. It feels reassuring to have him around, somehow.
I learnt from her the other day, that her name is Mommy and his name is Papa, I like those names.

The best time I like is when she takes her warm baths. I love the voice of the water trickling down and I like it when she hums those songs. I love it when she prays in her low, sweet tone. I love that chanting voice reaching down to me vibrating and filling my space. I feel like dozing off then, I sleep fitfully after that. I feel stimulated yet peaceful.

Once I remember just last week I think, I felt like throwing up when I smelt something horrible. Strong, musty, whatever it was, it was really awful, nauseating. Then I heard her loud, she was angry and I could not breathe. She was talking heatedly with him and I learnt it was something called smoking that he was doing. She had, it seems, told him not to do it while she was around, she can not take the smell anymore but he did not listen. She said, because he was a man. God! Am I a man too or the other thing whatever it is. But then, I feel, it’s OK sometimes, if he feels like doing it. I know, it bothers her but just sometimes, she should bear with it. Aha, I guess, I am a man after all!

At her sleeping time, she tells me stories. I like the one with a tiger in it. I do not know what it is but I like it anyways. I love her tender pitch at those times. And in the mornings she sings me some songs. I love the one about a star twinkling.

I heard her saying she can not sleep anymore, it’s getting more and more difficult for her to sleep now a days. I hope it’s not me who’s making her uncomfortable. I somehow feel like moving a lot when she is still and sleeping. I will try and avoid it. But I love moving inside her and oh, how I love sucking my thumb.

Hey, I heard her talking to someone the other day, I could not hear the other voice, was she talking to herself? She said Mommy, yes; she was talking to herself after all. But wait, she said, when Baby comes! BABY COMES? Where am I going? No, God, I am not going anywhere, I refuse! I want to be here all the time. It is comfortable, warm and I love swimming. I hear them saying, I am growing. No, I do not want to grow and do not want to come, I mean go anywhere.

Ok, guys, I can hear her praying, now I must listen to my beloved chants and go to sleep. We will think about going anywhere after that.

2 Comments:

Blogger गिरिराज said...

aahaa!
tU naav badaluun aaliis tar!
gulamohar series mastach vaaTalii punhaa vachatanaa!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Srikala said...

Hey wow Archana...what do I say? reading that brought a tender smile on my lips....its more than marvellous....just gr8!
Yeh dil maange more :))

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home